a while ago we found out, that IBM Ported Tools, we’re talking of perl and php mainly, went out of service last month. So we decided to migrate to the versions offered here. The only disadvantage using these tools is, that they are not SMP/E installed, as the IBM versions are.
So we decided to create a set of procedures to make these tools SMP/E installable, and finally we succeed.
At this time we’re able to install the following Tools via SMP/E, some more will follow:
mc (Midnight Commander)
I write this in order to ask, if there is any interest to know more about the used method, how to make such products SMP/E installable. In this case I would like to share this informations.