Products Resources Support About Us

Rocket Universe Personal Edition

Does the free personal edition of Universe still exist? I can find no reference to it on the website.

Yes, the personal edition of UniVerse is still offered. To find the latest version you can visit our Trials page.

http://www.rocketsoftware.com/trials

Note that the site only requires that you provide some information, and agree to the terms and conditions, then an email will be sent to you with a download link.

Let us know if you have any issues with the site and/or the download.

Michael Rajkowski
Rocket Software Support Engineer

Many thanks. I’ll try this in the nest few days.

Roger Keeling

Fri 29 Jul. Just successfully installed the PE trial & it runs OK. Thanks.

I have universe pe running and am having difficulty getting it to print without the GUI tool; I used to work with a Pick then UniVerse database and am wanting to refamiliarizr myself with the system. I remember when seting up the unicere system I used a GUI tool to start then everything else I did thru telnet/cmd line.

Is it possible to define a printer without xadmin? I want to practice outputting reports to a virtual printer (a txt file). I remember being able to produce info for mngmt was pretty important obviously.

Actually with one command I can see that universe picks up my virtual printer, but I can’t find a command to assign a channel or number to the printer. I think I need to edt the &DEVICE& file. But, I’m not keen on monkeying around without more info.

The XADMIN is part Rocket U2 DBTools, and is also available on the Trials page:

http://www.rocketsoftware.com/trials

Thank you.
I really liked Pick/UniVerse. I hope I can find work using UniVerse or UniData ets again.

I have attempted to do this and did not receive any email returned to me. I am attempting to use these trials to determine if I want to buy a small version license to make development for prospective clients or possible employers in Universe or Unidata with SB+ but have had no fortune in receiving a reply.

By the way, I don’t even know the ballpark pricing on the smaller non trial versions of U2 SB+ and UniObjects or they are priced within a consultant’s ability to afford.

If you entered your information, and did not click on the agree to terms and condition button you will not get the download email. ( While I expect you did it, I must ask you to check spam folder )

I will reach out to sales for some additional information for you.

Mike Rajkowski

Ok, the following page has more information on Rocket SystemBuilder:

http://www.rocketsoftware.com/products/rocket-u2/rocket-systembuilder-extensible-architecture-sbxa

In addition to some helpful information there are links to ‘get a demo’ and ‘get a quote’.

Let me know if you are still having problems getting what you need.

Mike

I specifically did click on the Accept Terms and Conditions check box before submitting (and I read them too). I attempted to get the products two days ago first and when I didn’t receive anything back, added an account without Spam Assassin on another domain to make certain it wasnt being rejected as spam. Will it work better if I use an enail domain like gmail or hotmail instead of my own hosting?
I have worked many decades with U2 and SB+ but I am looking into what the current state of the products are and trying to get personal versions to give example code for a prospective customer/employer (who is a well-known Multi-value expert). As I mentioned above, I am considering purchasing licenses of those systems so I can do development at home.