Products Resources Support About Us

CorVu NG - Adding Query Summaries to Dashboards

Hey all,

I am trying develop a dashboard that summarizes several queries separately. I want to display two numbers for each query: count and a number that I manually enter for each query. I attempted to set this up by tying Analytical queries to Tables on a Dashboard, but no data is displayed. However, data is visible when I run the query on its own and view the results. Also, when I attempt to use a Grid on the Dashboard in the this same situation, I get a NullPointerException. I appreciate any advice you can give. Thank you for taking the time to read this.

David

Hi David, Any parameters in dashboard queries have to be supplied by using fixed initial values (expand the queries in the dashboard project explorer view, expand parameters and double click on them.) You can set the default for the parameter/s so it can run. The dashboard does not issue prompts. You have to assign values to them.
A grid object is a way to display multiple values/records from one query, but a matrix may be more useful as it lets you display fields from one record in a customisable format. Check out the Samples repository dashboard for an example of a matrix in the TeamPerformance dashboard.

Thank you. I was able to figure out what I needed.