Products Resources Support About Us

Changing "idle timeouts" for Servergraph

Servergraph, by default, has a 15 minute time out for both our admin consoles and the reporting product itself. If these timeouts our too short (as they are for many people) you can easily change these to be whatever you want. I’m very careful to lock my computer when I walk away from it, so I favor very long timeouts (like 10 hours) so I can log into Servergraph in the morning and it’s available all day.

To change timeouts, just follow these directions:

There are 2 different timeouts that can be changed. One is for the GUI (the user reports via web browser) and the other is for the Admin apps (i.e. sgadmin, tsmadmin).

The method for changing these is:

Web Gui Timeout:

1. Open the sgadmin console
  2. Select the “configuration” top tab.
  3. In the “All Files” sub tab, look under files for “sgconfig” in “/”.
  4. In the right pane, find the value “WEB_TIMEOUT” (at the bottom of the right pane is a “Find” button you can use if you’d like). Change this value to be however many minutes you want the new timeout to be. i.e. if you want it to be 2 hours change to 120
    a. WEB_TIMEOUT=120
  5. Click on “Save” in the lower right corner.

Admin Apps timeout:

1. Open the sgadmin console
  2. Select the “configuration” top tab.
  3. In the “all files” sub tab, look under files for “ui.conf” in “/”.
  4. On the right pane, change the “sessionIdleTimeoutMinutes” to represent how many minutes timeout you want for the consoles. i.e. if you want a 2 hour timeout change to:
    a. sessionIdleTimeoutMinutes = 120
  5. Click on “Save” in the lower right corner.